Monday, February 2, 2015

Helloooo! Is there anybody out there?!

Hi there! If you're from the Northeast and spending this Monday at home with a cup of hot cocoa... Happy Snow Day! If not, well...I hope that you live somewhere warm and sunny because the weather up here is frightful (I'm sorry! I think I still have the post-holiday blues)!!!

Anyway, I have been debating on starting a blog for the past two years and with the recent snowstorms we've been having up in the Northeast, I finally decided to get one up and running. My dream is for this blog to be a resource for school psychologists, counselors, social workers, and other related service providers, particularly those just starting their careers. I hope to include some of my own resources, DIY school psychology creations and organization tips, as well as links to educationally relevant websites, apps, blogs, and more. Please join me as I begin this amazing journey in education!

I guess the best way to start is at the beginning and provide a little bit of information about myself.  I earned my undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice at the C.W. Post Campus (now known as LIU Post) of Long Island University. While at C.W. Post, I worked as an intern with a mental health clinic that co-facilatated a number of support groups for individuals recently released from prison, currently in prison, and awaiting sentencing/serving a short sentence at a local jail. As part of my capstone internship, I interned with the local county attorney in the Family Court bureau where I experienced an epiphany moment that resulted in my graduate school application to Columbia University's School Psychology program. I don't know where the time went since then, but suddenly, I'm working as a full time school psychologist in the New York Metro Area and loving every bit of it.

"It's a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together." - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment